Elligno Inc. (June 2006 – ongoing)
Founder and Independent Contractor
As a founder of the company, I have been working as consultant and contractor in the IT industry to develop and support company in their project and business product development.
- As a consultant, I have applied my skills for solving challenging real-world problems in industrial application using technologies such as vision computer, real-time simulation and 3D modeling.
- Image processing algorithm based on image recognition and edge detection (sawmill industry);
- Data gathering algorithm for real-time surgery simulator training system (health care industry);
- Optimization of a Set design 3D application (Art director 3D graphics);
- Worked as a contractor for small and large sized organization to support development of existing applications; experience involving designing, development, testing, implementation and support of applications using C++/FORTRAN, Sybase, and Unix Perl scripting, AUTOSYS batch scheduling to automate process workflow.
- Scientific programmer responsible of the math library: (Biotechnology molecular imaging);
- Software developer C++/3D create a 3D environment: (Virtual reality 3D modeling);
- System software developer to integrate sensor model: (Military training system);
- System software analyst supporting trading system: (Financial banking investment);
Technologies C++11/14, design pattern, Boost, STL, OpenGL, OSG, Autodesk FBX, Qt, real-time, Perl
Oerlikon Contraves Inc. (October 2005 – June 2006)
Software Systems Analyst
St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec (Canada)
Analyzed an existing software (rigid-body library) and made recommendations regarding re-use of some parts (based on budget and time line). I worked in the integration of this library in CAE STRIVE framework. Programmed new class (cross-language:FORTRAN/C++) by using new features of FORTRAN95 language.
Technologie: C++, OO idioms and patterns, FORTRAN77/95, UML
ART Inc. (February 2005 – September 2005)
Applied Research Physicist (Molecular Imaging)
Ville St-Laurent, Quebec (Canada)
Re-designed the curve fit library architecture and promoted modular approach by developing an easy-to-use programming API. This new version of the library featured: efficient and robust optimization for fast floating point operation, extensible class hierarchies that let user readily implement new algorithms.
Technologies: OO, C++, Boost, STL, UML, math. algorithm programming, NR C++
CAE Inc. (November 2000 – May 2004)
Ville St-Laurent, Quebec (Canada)
Responsible for the maintenance, product development of the 3D engine library as part of the Core Technology Department. Act as a technical lead and principal developer on all of Military’s Synthetic Environment Data Representation and Interchange Specification (SEDRIS).
• In charge of the development of 3D engine library/terrain representation and the mathematical library used for Global Positioning System;
• Acted as a technical lead to define database format for terrain representation including map projection;
• Coordinated meetings across department in regard with schedule, planning and work plan;
• Develop prototype and architecture for new concepts and technology that would eventually be used by other department;
• Implemented an atmosphere model;
“Coordinate Transformation Services” J. Belanger , API Specification Document (April 2004) CAE Inc.
Technologies C++, OO, real-time simulation, UML, 3D programming, math. programming
• Bachelor degree in Physics, University of Montreal (1990)
• Master Degree in Physics, University of Montreal (1993)
• Student at Ph. D. Physics level (Computational Physics) (1998)